Below are some important facts that you need to know about your tactical body armor.
1. Tactical Body Armor is a form of protective clothing that is used to shield the wearer from knife and bullet impacts from higher velocity firearms and stronger ammunitions. Anybody can wear tactical body armor but this is commonly used for military and law enforcement applications.
2. Tactical Body Armor is made of lightweight yet strong materials that have great ballistic properties. In addition, these materials also have the following characteristics: high chemical resistance, durable, high cut resistance, flame resistant, high energy absorption capabilities, high tensile strength and offers comfort and flexibility. These characteristics make the tactical body armor effective in giving multi threat protection and safety from both ballistic and non ballistic threats.
3. Based on studies made on the safety of police officers, 42% of deaths by firearms should have been avoided had the officer wore tactical body armor or any body armor.
4. The top five threats that are commonly faced by the military and police force as well as private citizens are: blunt trauma, knives, hypodermic needles, pointed and other sharp edged objects and bullets.
5. The Tactical Body Armor works in a way that the fibers contained in the ballistic panel of the body armor catches the bullet, absorbs and immediately disperse the impact energy of the bullet reducing possible injuries that a person may suffer from being hit by a bullet.
6. Tactical Body Armor comes in varied styles, weight, models, color and protection levels. You choice of tactical body armor would generally depend on the threat level involved in your work or duty, climate, risks associated with your mission, comfort ability and your personal preference.
7. If you have doubts regarding the authenticity of your tactical body armor, double check the labels. It must be able to provide you the following: size, model, serial number, lot number, manufacturer, issue date, basic care instructions, warranty and the materials used as well as the material content of the tactical body armor.