The following are the key features that your Tactical Body Armor must have. These features ensure that you have purchased a tactical body armor that is safe, has excellent ballistic performance, comfortable and has the ability to give your safety and protection.
1. Proper labels – Your tactical body armor must have proper labels. Proper labeling is important so that you can view the basic but important information regarding the tactical body armor that you want to purchase. The labels should be able to give you the following information: size, materials used and material content, ballistic testing laboratory that conducted the test on the tactical body armor, model, serial number, lot number and manufacturer. Labels also show if your tactical body armor is certified. Certifications are attestations that certain body armor is safe, reliable and has complied with the minimum standards.
2. Protection rating – Your tactical body armor must indicate the protection level that it can provide to the wearer. This is to enable to wearer to select the body armor that will meet his need specifications and threat levels.
3. Weight – Your tactical body armor must be lightweight so that it can be wearable and will give more comfort and mobility to the wearer thus the weight of the tactical body armor must also be indicated. The normal weight of body armors is around 4 to 5 pounds without the ballistic inserts.
4. Warranty – You must also be able to find warranty information on your tactical body armor. Warranty information will tell you on how long you will be able to utilize your tactical body armor, how the replacement procedure is and the things that can void the warranty.
5. Upgrades – Your tactical body armor must be able provide for necessary upgrades needed for increased and greater protection. It must have additional pockets for ballistic inserts such as trauma plates and trauma pads.